Girls Inc. of Chicago provides resources, exposure experiences, and opportunities to empower girls to create a brighter future. From now through November 29th - Giving Tuesday - we're asking you to support brighter futures for Chicago girls by donating towards the resources they need to create successful careers including career exposure experiences, internships, and much more.
*****All gifts up to $5,000 will be matched by an anonymous donor!*****
- $50 will provide transformative career exposure opportunities for girls like Firefighter for a Day
- $75 will cultivate the entrepreneurial ambitions of our #GirlBoss Ambassadors
- $100 will empower girls to build the confidence they need — through activities like our Bold Expressions Fest — to claim their seat at the table
- $150 will support a book scholarship for alumnae in our Bold Women initiative
According to the National Science Board, women make up 47% of the current workforce but only 28% of the existing science and engineering workforce, and only 5% are women of color. With your support, we can increase that number.
Girls Inc. of Chicago provides resources, exposure experiences, and opportunities to empower girls to create a brighter future. On #GivingTuesday, we’re asking our supporters to invest in our work to help Chicago girls gain their seats at the table.
- We connect girls with high-ranking female leaders and teach them about careers in the Chicago Fire Department at our annual Firefighter for a Day event. Interactive shadow experiences like this expose girls to traditionally male-dominated fields while empowering them to realize that there are no limits to their success.
- Through our#GirlBoss Ambassador program, we are cultivating the entrepreneurial ambitions of Chicago girls. Girls network with and learn from high-achieving female business leaders and learn how to turn their products from idea to reality.
- We are empowering girls to love and appreciate their bodies, make safe choices, and advocate for themselves through our girl-focused summit –Bold Expressions Fest.
- Our Bold Women initiative provides support to Girls Inc. of Chicago alumnae as they pursue their college education and map out their career plans. Girls receive book scholarships, mentorship, care packages, and more.