Today, September 22nd, is National Voter Registration Day. According to the official National Voter Registration Day website, 60% of eligible voters are never asked to register. Voting is a right all American citizens should actively engage in and making sure you are registered is a good place to start!
For California residents, check your voter registration status here.
At Pledgeling, we believe civic engagement is a privilege and a right, and we are committed to making it easy for anyone and any business to raise funds for nonprofits committed to promoting this right and equality for all.
To ensure everyone can cast their ballot this upcoming election, consider supporting the following vetted 501(c)3 nonprofits that focus on voters’ rights.
- ACLU or the American Civil Liberties Union, is a nonprofit, multi-issue, 500,000+ member public interest organization devoted to protecting the basic civil liberties of all people in the United States guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution.
- DoSomething.org mobilizes young people in every U.S. area code and in 131 countries! They help youth volunteer, pursue social change, and start civic action campaigns to make real-world impact for causes they care about.
- Vote.org uses technology to simplify political engagement, increase voter turnout, and strengthen American democracy.
- Rock the Vote engages young people in our democracy and builds their political power by registering, educating, and turning them out to vote, by asking candidates to campaign to them, and demanding politicians pay attention to youth and the issues they care about once in office.
- She Should Run is a non-partisan organization expanding the talent pool of future elected female leaders. They believe that women of all backgrounds should have an equal shot at elected leadership and that our country will benefit from having a government with varied perspectives and experiences.
- U.S. Vote Foundation is dedicated to bringing best-in-class voter services to millions of U.S. citizen voters living within and outside of the U.S. to bring to life our vision and mission: Every Citizen is a Voter.
- Vote Riders is a non-partisan organization whose mission is to ensure that all citizens are able to exercise their right to vote. They help inform citizens to secure their voter ID as well as inspire and support on-the-ground organizations, local volunteers, and communities to sustain voter ID education and assistance efforts.
- Project Vote is a national and non-partisan organization dedicated to the belief that an organized, diverse electorate is the key to a better America. Since 1994, Project Vote has worked to increase civic participation in the United States, focusing on three historically underrepresented constituencies: youth, people of color, and lower-income Americans.
- Fair Elections Center is a national, nonpartisan voting rights and election reform organization which works to remove barriers to registration and voting for traditionally underrepresented constituencies. The Center works to improve election administration through legislative, legal and administrative reform, to protect access to the ballot through litigation, and to provide election law expertise, voter information and technical assistance to voter mobilization organizations.
- League of Women Voters Education Fund is a nonpartisan organization that works to encourage the active and informed participation of citizens in government and to increase understanding of major public policy issues.
We are also powering the text messages for Discovery Channel’s Voting initiative where you can check your registration, register to vote, find your polling place, and more. Text VOTE to 707070 to check it out!
Our platform and tools make it easy to donate to any cause of your choice. To connect with our Partnerships team about ways we might support your cause campaigns, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for being part of the #PledgeToDoGood!