SeaTrees - by Sustainable Surf - works with communities all around the world to ‘reforest the ocean’ and reverse climate change by planting & protecting SeaTrees - think mangrove and kelp forests, seagrass, watersheds & coral.
As surfers and ocean-lovers, we choose these spaces, because they’re the place where we play. As environmentalists and ocean-health activists, we focus on blue-carbon ecosystems because:
- They’re highly effective at carbon sequestration
- They’re critical ecosystems on the verge of collapse
- Methods exist to restore and regenerate these ecosystems
- The story to protect ocean health is powerful and compelling
- It’s not too late to act, but we must act fast
Every SeaTrees project is assessed and measured against the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).