Race Forward catalyzes racial justice movement building. We build strategies in partnership with communities, organizations, and sectors to advance racial justice in our policies, institutions, and culture.
Race Forward imagines a just, multiracial, democratic society, free from oppression and exploitation, in which people of color thrive with power and purpose.
THEIR CORE VALUES:
Fundamentally, Race Forward’s work to advance racial justice is embedded in the following core values:
- People of Color: We value the voices, experiences, cultures, intellect and multi-dimensionality of people of color.
- Justice: We value fairness, the best foundation for unity among all people.
- Transformation: We value the ability of individuals and systems to change in ways that make racial justice possible. We recognize the importance of struggle in fueling transformation.
- Bridging: We value the insights, relationships and holistic understandings that are deepened when divergent paths come together.
- Expression: We value voicing and sharing our viewpoints with integrity even when difficult, unpopular or risky.
- Adaptability: We value relevance and resourcefulness in the face of changing social, economic, political and ideological environments.
- Delight: We value making space for laughter, beauty, and joy in the work of social change.